Thanks to high quality of the technology applied by NYCeiling, Inc., our employees will deliver and install the canvas you’ve ordered without generating extra noise and waste, and by following the approved safety precautions.
Normally, installation of stretched ceilings does not require advance preparation of the rooms, which means you don’t have to move your furniture and equipment out, which saves the remodeling time considerably.
Along with the stretched ceiling installation, our specialists will mount necessary lighting fixtures and will make sure they are operational. Once all work is over, the room does not have to be isolated; the material does not require to be seriously looked after and it is covered with a 10 year warranty from the manufacturer.
Fabric stretched ceiling installation
Weldless fabric canvas is tightly stretched on the special molding framework mounted across the entire room space or on the specified perimeter.
There are molding frames (profiles) of two types:
- an aluminum U-shape profile (glazing bead fixing);
- a Peg, where the canvas is fixed by the self-locking device.
Fixing with a U-shape
When a weldless stretched ceiling is installed on the U-shape profile, the fabric can hardly stretch out; that is why tension is supported only by force of the profile mounted on the walls. Profile installation quality is critical: it should stand the pressure of 100 kilograms per running meter and more. Correspondingly, the bigger the size of the stretched canvas, the more pressure the profile must be able carry.
This is the reason why the NYCeiling, Inc. installation crews mount special cross-bars for additional fixing of the profile along the perimeter of the weldless stretched ceiling (in every 40-70 centimeters, depending on the quality of the walls) in addition to the framing nails.
Note! Additional profile fixing is necessary indeed: without this the canvas can tear the profile out of the wall with time followed by complete replacement of the entire system!
The canvas of the weldless stretched ceiling is tightened by a special applicator. This way of tightening weldless stretched ceilings is the most reliable if done professionally.
Fixing with a peg
The peg is designed with a special clip to hold the canvas tight: the heavier the material is stretched, the more the peg is shrunk. The key advantage of this fixing is that no ceiling skirting board is required.
Tightening is made by a special applicator. This tightening option is less labor intensive. If fixed by a peg, the canvas cannot be overtensioned or loose. However, if this molding type is used, the number of the fixing points gradually increases (the distance between them should be up to 10 centimeters). Otherwise, the canvas can draw the molding back from the wall thus creating a gap.
This way of installing is much faster, however, one should remember that the peg is made of plastic, and this material is not as robust as aluminum, and that is why installation shall be made by qualified mounters.
Note! Weldless stretched ceilings fixed by pegs cost more and they set strict requirements to flatness and structure of the walls.
Installation of film (glossy) stretched ceilings
Installation of the film stretched ceilings (PVC film) is more difficult than installation of the fabric systems. However, this is not critical because the NYCeiling, Inc. installation crews have necessary skills and qualifications.
Preparation and installation of the film stretched ceiling are broken into several stages:
- At the first stage, the main ceiling or its installation space have to be precisely measured.
- According to the measurements, the NYCeiling, Inc. manufacturing technicians make the set design for the pattern to be used to make the stripe of the stretched ceiling. If the covered space is large, it is possible that the film stripes have to be welded (the thing is that a film stripe is up to 3.2 meters wide).
- After the film stripe is cut out, a semi-rigid PVC edge strip (harpoon) is welded to it to be fixed to the molding (PVC profile plain flat strip molding) later.
- The next stage is installation of the fixing profile (molding) along the set perimeter: it is fixed to the walls by self-tapping screws.
- Installation of the stretched ceilings requires the room to be heated by fan heaters. It is necessary for the PVC film to become more elastic for this to be stretched and fixed to the molding by special applicators. The joint between the canvas and the wall is decorated by the masking PVC tape resembling the skirting board.
Key advantage! No matter what stretched ceiling fixing type is used, the canvas can be easily dismantled, partially or completely, if necessary (e.g. in case of flood to pump water out or in case of moving to decommission the entire system).